Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Will study for food!

Going to a 4 year UC or a CSU has been one of my dreams for a while. Although this has always been one of my dreams, I never really did any thinking about how I was realistically going to pay for a University. The average cost to attend a UC or a CSU and live on campus for one year is about $32,000. I have been working part time while in high school to start saving up money for college but havent even made a dent in what just one year of college is going to cost! It is this reason why I am going to apply for scholarships and finacial aid. I signed up for scholarships.com over the summer and book marked various scholarships so that they will notify me when the applications open. I am hoping to get as many scholarships as I possibly can, because I will be applying for student loans for the rest of the money. I dont want to get accepted to a UC or CSU that I worked so hard to get into, and not be able to go because of financial issues, thus the reason that I am going to be on top of all the scholarship opportunities. I am involved in many different clubs and organizations for the community, so I hope that this allows me to stand out when applying for scholarships. I hope that I am very lucky and am fortunate enough to receive a lot of scholarships that help me attend a UC or a CSU to further my education as an idividual.

No comments:

Post a Comment