Monday, September 16, 2013

DECLARATION OF LEARNING INDEPENDENCE

Learning independence is something that we all eventually need to do, which is why creating goals can help us attain certain things in our lives. One of my SMART goals is to get accepted to the University of California Santa Cruz. I believe that this goal is measurable because there is a deadline to turn in the applications. This goal is attainable, I have been striving through out high school to keep up my GPA and so I hope that UC Santa Cruz will accept me. I think this goal is reinforceable because besides the admissions people it is totally in my control if I get in, this is because I need to study hard for the SAT and maintain my GPA. Timely, well considering there is a deadline for the applications to go in I know this goal is timely.
My big question: If we all lived in a "perfect" world would there be such a thing as true happiness, or would it just be considered the normal day-to-day feeling? Would life be boring if nothing went wrong, and there was no excitement? Does having rough patches in life truly help us become better and wiser individuals?
I think that thinking about my Big question can relate to learning independently. Independent learning for the most part is trial and error. One must try multiple things in order to see which options work the best for that unique individual. Once they find the perfect outcome they have figured out what works best for them. Because we don't live in a perfect world we all don't live independent learning lives, we are told what to learn and then we learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment