Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Canterbury Tales #1

I didnt realize that Chaucer was using irony in all the characters until we discussed it in class. I like how Chaucer described every character, his humor is at first hard to read, but after reviewing the poem I understood the irony in most of the characters. I like how it is wrote for the common people and everyone is supposed to be able to relate to it, this is because not many older authors did this. I feel like there might be conflict between some of the characters as they continue on their journey, this is because there is always conflict when so many people come together. I found the monk most memorable, this is because monks are supposed to be innocent, and reserved. In The Canterbury Tales the monk is a hunter, who is easy going and laid back. This is just one example of the irony in the story. I feel that I understand the gist of the story, but mainly just from the discussion in class. I didnt understand a lot of the characterization meanings on my own.  I would want to further read on either the monk, or the cook. This is because I understood the irony in these characters from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment