Monday, September 2, 2013

WHY THIS BOOK

I chose A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks because love novels interest me the most. I know they are always cheesy and ultimately you know what is going to happen at the end, but it still sparks my interests when I read the back cover. The thing that made me want to read this book is because it has a little mystery in it, so you cant exactly plan out in your head which events are going to lead them to falling in love. With out even planning it the book also relates back to my big question, does rough patches in life really make us stronger and wiser individuals. This book is about a mad coping with the fact that his wife was killed in a car accident and his life is falling apart. It will be interesting to see how he copes with this and how it helps him become stronger as a person/character.
Nicholas Sparks books are always smooth and never dull, this is why I enjoy reading his books because they keep me interested, to the point where I don't want to put the book down. This is a good thing because if the book is interesting then I wont have problems making the deadline for the assignment.
Ultimately I chose this particular book just because of the genre. Romance and mystery are the two types of genres that I personally enjoy the most and this is a combination of the two so therefore it was a win, win in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment