Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Green eggs and Hamlet

1. What do you know about Hamlet, the "Melancholy Dane"? 
- I know pretty much nothing about Hamlet, I know that English teachers constantly reference it so it must have a very good meaning behind it. I know that Dr. Preston had to memorize it as a student and he is going to make us as well.
2. What do you know about Shakespeare?
- I know that Shakespeare is famously known for Romeo and Juliet, I read Romeo and Juliet  my freshman year and also watched many movies and videos that related to it. I don't know a ton about Shakespeare at all other then the fact that high school students are required to read a couple of this novels.
3. Why do so many students involuntarily frown when they hear the name "Shakespeare"?
- Many students frown upon the work he has created because it is wrote in a way that is difficult to understand or comprehend. This year us AP students know that we are going to be memorizing, so that is another reason as to why we would frown upon the name.
4.What can we do to make studying this play an amazing experience we'll never forget?
- If we could make the play into some sort of game then I think it would be more memorable. Maybe if we each got a scene and then had to make it into a satire of some sort we may remember it because it would be humorous. I  think there are many ways and with all our brain power we can find a way to make it memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment