Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hacking my education

What do I want to know in June that I don't know now?
-I want to know that I am choosing the right path for myself, and to be reassured that majoring in child development is something that will really make me happy. I would also like to know which career choice I am thinking about so I have a clear goal for college.

What experiences do I want to have as a result?
- I want to know my path and goals in June because I will be on my way to college shortly after that. I like to set goals, and know what I am shooting for in order to have a less stressful time trying to figure that out.

Who do I need in my..
Peers: I have worked with many other students interested with a career in youth education, this leads me to believe that I have supportive peers that I can always rely on. I hope that this support only begins to expand the more people I meet.
Network: I need teachers and councilors that can give me advice and pointers for my future. At this point in time I have both, and I have been working with both to try and figure out what career path I ultimately want later on.
Experts: These people are vital to me because ultimately my goal is to become an expert in what ever career I choose. I work with elementary school teachers (experts) and they give me all the advice they have, I feel that working with them will only allow me to get a better sense of the future and what I will be dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment