Thursday, January 9, 2014

Calvin Terrell: Diversity day

Today I went to a work shop with Calvin Terrell as the speaker, during this workshop I felt tons of emotions and it truly inspired me to become a better person. As a group we did several activities that allowed us to come out of our comfort zones and experience things with our hearts and not just our minds. Calvin's activities were meant to allow us to realize everything that is going on in the world, so we can be more conscious when we make choices that can affect other people.
I went into this workshop as a senior, and it was mainly filled with juniors so I knew hardly anyone, but at the end I felt like I knew them on a deeper level than how I know some of my friends. Going to this workshop made me realize that I am not the only one with certain struggles, and if I ever need anyone to talk to, others will always be there with an open ear and not judge. I think that was my favorite part about this workshop, knowing others are there for me if I need them. It was comforting to see how a complete stranger can relate to me, and how even if they don't have that same problem they will not judge me based upon my problems in the past, present, or future.
As I was walking out of the gym I felt emotional, comforted, at peace, and inspired to make my life different. This was the most moving workshop I have ever been to and I hope it effects my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment