Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on week 1

1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?
- I feel that keeping up with the blog is going to be my biggest challenge. This is mainly just because it is a new thing that I have never done before. FFA may be another factor that might affect my participation, because we do many events throughout the year. I will just need to work more diligently then I have in the past. The way the class is more interactive will help me speak up and be more engaged in learning.

2.Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening?
- Overall I do not remember an exact "awesome best ever learning experience" but I have experience little things in different places. Interactive classrooms catch my attention more then just the teacher lecturing for 50 minutes. There is something about allowing the whole class to weigh in on things that makes learning seem less like a chore. Another thing that has helped me with learning is when the teacher is fair. When a teacher doesn't treat the class fairly on certain things the class begins to shut down and not perform as well as a whole. I also took a financial aid class last year and she called her class " The Money Game" she essentially made the class a "game" just by doing simple things to help us remember the facts she was teaching us.

3.What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?
- I am most concerned about keeping up with the blog, I feel that it can be easy if you keep checking it, but if you procrastinate at all it can be a huge problem. I am excited about experiencing this new way of learning. It seems to be very interesting, and I want to get everything I can out of my last year in high school. I think that it can teach me a lot more skills that are going to be necessary when doing work in college! I am really excited about Dr. Preston helping us with the college, and scholarships because, I am very nervous about that and its comforting to know he will support us and help us through it !

No comments:

Post a Comment